Taylor's Apple-Berry Fruit Topping
This fruit topping is made with tapioca (no corn starch or flour). It can be served over any number of things.
- 6 medium or 8 small apples (wash, quarter, core, and slice or dice). You can use almost any variety, depending on the texture you prefer.
- 2 cups blueberries (raw if possible; otherwise, frozen)
- ½ cup dried cranberries, (soak in warm water for a few minutes, then drain)
- 2 tbsp Minute® tapioca
- ½ cup sweetener (honey or real maple syrup)
- ½ tsp cinnamon (or more to taste)
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
Grease a 9x13 glass baking dish.
Spread apples evenly over the bottom. Sprinkle berries over the apples.
Mix tapioca, sugar, and seasonings in a small dish. When blended, sprinkle evenly over the fruit.
Cover tightly with tin foil. Place in preheated oven and bake at 400 degrees F for an hour. Remove from oven and let sit for a few minutes.
Serve it hot, warm, or cold.
As a side dish
Over pancakes or waffles
As a topping for cereal