Taylor's Armenian-style Curry
For those who enjoy mild curry, this Armenian-style recipe may be just the ticket. I tend to some almond milk to most of my bisque, curry, potage, soup, or stew recipes to add some protein and a little creaminess.
- ¼ cup basmati brown rice cooked in 1 cup of water with a dash of salt
- 4 cups water
- 2 Baby Bok Choy, sliced
- 2 white onions, chopped quite fine
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 sweet potato cubed
- 1 lb (2 cups) brown lentils (soak overnight in water, then rinse and drain when ready to cook)
- 8 ounces dried apricots (cover with two cups of hot water and soak over night.
- 1 Tbsp Taylor's Mock-chicken seasoning or equivalent
- 1 tsp mild curry or to taste
- ½ tsp Himalayan salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 cup almond milk
Bring 1 cup water and dash of salt to a boil. Add Basmati brown rice. Return to a boil, then turn down heat and simmer until rice is soft and all liquid is absorbed stirring periodically until rice is fluffy and soft. May add additional water, if needed.
While rice is cooking, place apricots and soaking water in the blender and blend until smooth.
Place apricot mixture and 2 more cups of water in a saucepan and add lentils, onions, carrots, sweet potato cubes, baby bok choy, and seasonings. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
Turn heat down and simmer slowly for 20-30 minutes, stirring periodically to keep from sticking.
When cooked to your taste, add rice and almond milk. Reheat as needed (adding a bit more water to desired consistency) but avoid boiling it.
Ladle into soup bowls or cups. Garnish with cilantro. or parsley if desired.