Taylor's Date-Nut Dessert
My “sister” Susie whipped up a dessert one evening that was unbelievably delicious and quite healthy. She had cooked a big pot of basmati brown rice to use with curried a veggie topping and decided some of the remaining rice could form the basis for a dessert. I like it.
- 3 cups basmati brown rice, cooked in water until fluffy
- 1½-2 cups coconut or almond milk
- ½ cup chopped dates
- ½ cup chopped dried apricots
- ½ cup toasted chopped nuts (raw or roasted)
- 2 Tbsp date sugar or honey granules
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp cardamom OR mixed spices (depending on desired taste)
Place all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat using 1½ cups coconut or almond milk.
Stir and heat until warm.
Add additional coconut or almond milk ¼ cup at a time up to 2 cups as needed for desired consistency
Spoon into parfait glasses and serve.
Can be reheated using a Tbsp or so of coconut or almond milk.