Taylor's Olive Tapenade
Olive tapenade is one of my favorites and this recipe is a favorite, as well. The flavors blend nicely after a couple of hours in the refrigerator.
- 1 cup chopped black olives
- 1 cup chopped calamata olives
- 1 cup chopped green olives (okay to use pimento stuffed)
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped red pimento (if you didn’t use pimento stuffed olives)
- 1 tsp garlic puree
- 1 Tbsp cold pressed olive oil
- ¼ cup finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add 1 small can chopped mild Ortega green chilies (if you like a little more kick)
Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
Place mixed ingredients in a container with a tight lid and put in the refrigerator.
Refrigerate for a couple of hours or overnight.
Place a small spoonful on baked crackers or thin slices of toasted sourdough bread.