Taylor's Green-Chili Pasta
Peppers and chiles are typically classed as nightshades so I go easy on them. Ortega green chilies are a favorite, however, so I enjoy them once in a while—as in this recipe that tastes good anytime but especially on a hot day. They add a bit of kick to the recipe. This pasta can be a good choice on a hot day.
- 8 oz pasta, your choice, cooked and drained
- 2 large zucchini squash cut julienne or spiral
- 1 cup of arugula chopped fine
- 1 small can mild diced Ortega green chilies
- 1 small ripe avocado
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- ½ tsp salt
Julienne or spiralize the zucchini and set aside.
Pour all ingredients for the sauce into a blender and blend until very smooth.
Cook your choice of pasta until al dente then drain.
Combine pasta, zucchini, arugula, and sauce in a large bowl and mix gently.
Spoon onto plates and enjoy.