Taylor's Tofu Frittata
Several people have asked for a frittata recipe that uses tofu. Here is the one I use. It’s a great way to use cauliflower, as well. Interestingly, I really like the taste of this frittata with cranberry sauce.
- 12 20-oz packages of frozen shredded potatoes, thawed
- 2 12-oz packages Green Giant Riced Veggies, Cauliflower Medley
- 2 large onions, sliced fine
- 1 16-oz package of silken tofu
- 4 cups cage-free egg whites
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ cup gluten-free Bisquick mix
- 1 Tbsp chicken-like seasoning
- ½ tsp Himalayan salt, or to taste
- ½ tsp ground pepper, or to taste
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
Spray frying pan with olive oil and place over medium heat. Add onions and ½ cup water. Cover and cook over low heat until soft and beginning to caramelize.
Spray three 9- or 10-inch pie plates with olive oil.
Divide shredded potatoes into three and cover bottom of each pie plate.
Place cooked onions in a large bowl. Add all other ingredients and mix well.
Gently pour one-third of the mixture into each pie plate.
Place in oven pre-heated to 400° F. Immediately turn heat down to 350° F. and bake for 1 hour.
Check center with toothpick. Bake additional 5-10 minutes as needed until firm in the center and beginning to brown.
Remove from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes to set.
Cut into wedges and place on each plate with a pie server.
Top with cranberry sauce, if desired.