Taylor's Coconut-water Smoothie
This is my standard breakfast smoothie to boot up my brain. It is vegan, using coconut water instead of dairy products. I like coconut water because it contains potassium to help me keep my sodium-potassium balance in good order. It’s so fast and easy—especially since I got a Nutra Ninja! When I am in a hurry, this is my breakfast—with a few raw nuts chewed between sips. This makes enough for two people. I often save half of it for the following day. Just pour it into a stainless steel container and place in the refrigerator.
- 16 oz of coconut water (without added sugar)
- ½ cup frozen berries (I use blue berries)
- ½ frozen banana
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp pea protein
- 2 Tbsp dry organic old-fashioned oatmeal (for a prebiotic)
- 1 Tbsp “green powder” (I use EnerPrime™ from IMPaX World)
- ¼ to ½ frozen avocado depending on the size of the avocado. (I cut, peel and freeze avocado slices)
- Aloevera juice to come up to the 24-oz. max liquid line
Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. (My Nutra Ninja does this automatically. I’ve never been much of a “gadget” person but this is an exception!)
Add more Aloevera juice as needed to reach desired consistency.
Pour into a large two large glasses and enjoy.