Taylor's Baked Pesto Pasta
Fun, Fast, and Vegan
I always keep ingredients on hand for this recipe when I need a healthy but quick lunch or dinner. It has become one of my favorites. This recipe serves four. I use either penne or fusilli pasta. If you need gluten free, both of these pastas are available gluten free.
- 1 cup penne/fusilli pasta cooked al dente and drained
- 1 cup diced onions (I use red)
- 1 cup almond milk (or slightly more if you like it very moist)
- 1 small Japanese yam (partially cooked in microwave)
- ½ cup pesto (I use Trader Joe’s vegan)
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp egg replacement powder
- 1 tsp mock chicken seasoning
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- ½ tsp NoSalt™, if desired
- ½ tsp paprika to sprinkle over the top
- ½ cup sourdough bread crumbs
Turn oven on at 350° to heat up. Heat four cups of water until boiling then add penne pasta. When al dente, drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
Cut partially cooked yam into half-inch cubes.
Mix all ingredients (except paprika and break crumbs) in a medium bowl.
Grease a loaf pan. (If you double the recipe, use an 8-inch square pan.)
Pour mixture into the pan. Sprinkle paprika and bread crumbs on top.
Place in oven uncovered and bake for 40 minutes until starting to brown on top.
Remove from oven and let stand 3 minutes. Cut in squares and plate or spoon out.
Salad and corn muffins go well with this.