Taylor's Breakfast Smoothie
This recipe makes enough for two or three people, depending on amount desired. Leftovers can be placed in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to two days.
- 1 16-ounce can coconut water (with no added sugar)
- 2 Tbsp raw rolled oats *
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp hulled hemp seeds
- 1 Tbsp pea protein powder
- 1 Tbsp freeze-dried green powder, if desired
- 2 tsp flaxseed powder **
- 1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
Place in a large blender and blend on high for 60-90 seconds. (I use a Ninja blender.)
Pour into glasses. Enjoy! It will be fairly thick.
* Provides Resistant Starch that is not metabolized until it reaches the large intestine. It functions as soluble fiber that feeds the healthy bacteria in the large intestine.
** I use organic cold-milled flax seed from www.puritan.com for omega-3s.