Taylor's All-in-One Frittata
Several people asked for a Fritata recipe that you could make vegan and gluten free. This is the one I use.
- 2 cups cooked grits - hot
- 2 cups shredded cooked potatoes (or frozen - thawed)
- 1 cup oat flour or other gluten-free flour
- 1½ cups almond milk
- 3 cups diced veggies (zucchini, broccoli, cooked diced butternut squash, petite peas, other veggie leftovers, etc.)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, heated in frying pan until dry and brown
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 small can diced mild Ortega green chilies (if desired)
- 3 range-free eggs or egg replacer (for vegan)
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast (not Brewer's yeast)
- 1 Tbsp chicken-like seasoning
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning or Herbs de Provance
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp Himalayan salt or NoSalt (if restricting sodium)
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
Turn on oven and pre-heat to 400° F.
Cook grits. Spray 9x12 casserole with olive oil and spread cooked grits over the bottom.
Spray 9 x12 casserole with olive oil and spread cooked grits over the bottom.
Mix everything else together in a large bowl. Spoon over the grits in the casserole.
Place uncovered in oven and turn heat down to 350° F.
Bake for 60 minutes until toothpick comes out clean and top is slighty browned.
Remove from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes to set.
Cut into pieces and lift out onto plates or spoon onto plates.
May serve with Catsup of choice or a slice of cranberry sauce.