Riddles Set 62
- A rancher had 1,000 head of cattle. The herd was reduced by illness, some theft, and sales. The rancher was left with 80 more than 60% of 40% of 80% of his original herd. How many did the rancher have left?
- I have no beginning and no end. Neither do I have a middle, although sometimes I can add to yours. What am I?
- Two men were playing checkers. They played a total of seven games. Each man won the same number of games. How could that happen?
- Some say it is dangerous to swim on a full stomach. In fact, many pools and beach areas now post signs. How really dangerous is this?
- An fowl farmer had more than 5,000 in his flock. He sold both eggs and chicks. He was known for providing chicks that were of unusual coloring. It so happened that a red and yellow rooster laid a brown egg, two white eggs, and a speckled egg. What color will these chicks be?