Taylor's “Leftovers” Purée
While “sheltering-in-place” I wanted something different without donning mask and face shield and leaving the house. I searched the refrigerator to find “leftovers.” You can do it with most any veggies. These were my "leftovers" and the soup was yummy and easy.
- 1 or 2 sweet potatoes, any type (I use purple), peeled and diced.
- 3 large carrots, cleaned and sliced
- 1 large onion peeled and diced
- 1 bunch of leeks (use white parts cleaned and sliced)
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 zucchini squash, washed and sliced
- 2 Tbsp Taylor’s Mock Chicken Seasoning
- Pepper to taste, if desired
- 4 cups water (more as needed)
- 1 cup almond milk
Placed all veggies in a large soup pot with water and seasonings.
Bring to a boil. Cover, lower heat, and simmer 30-45 minutes until veggies are very soft.
Stir occasionally, adding more water ¼ cup at a time as needed if gets too thick.
When cooked, blend using an immersion blender (or in a regular blender) until smooth.
Add 1 cup almond milk. Stir in. Reheat but do not boil.
Ladle into bowls (4-6 servings depending on size of bowl).
Garnish with dash of paprika or some parsley flakes.
Serve with crackers and hummus, if desired.