Taylor's Broccoli Chowder
My Aunt served the precursor of this soup one evening for supper. It was so tasty I enjoyed several bowls. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
- 4 cups water
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 medium white onions, peeled and fminced
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped (peel and chop stem)
- 2 Tbsp chicken-like seasoning
- ½ tsp summer savory
- 1 tsp Taylor's Mock Chicken Seasoning
- Pepper to taste
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 cup raw cashews
Combine all ingredients (except almond milk and cashews) in a large soup pan and bring to a boil.
Turn heat down and simmer until ingredients are cooked and soft. May use a hand blender to smooth out the ingredients.
Place 2 cups almond milk and 1 cup raw cashews in a blender and blend until smooth.
Add to soup mixture. Stir and reheat but do not bring to a boil .
Ladle into soup bowls.