Taylor's Coconut Stir-Fry
On a recent trip to Hawi, Hawaii, Carol and Marie and I ate lunch at the Bamboo Room. Oh, my! I had the best veggie stir-fry of my life. So I came home and experimented until the taste not only suited me but was reminiscent of our lunch. Enjoy!
- 8-12 oz buckwheat noodles (gluten-free)
- ½ cup broccoli florets, separated into small pieces
- ½ cup bok choy, cut into slices
- 1 bunch of green onion, sliced
- ½ cup bean sprouts
- 1 small carrot, sliced in ¼-in. slices
- 1 zucchini, cut in half and sliced in ¼-in. slices
- 1 cup medium silk tofu, cut in small cubes
- ½ cup dry roasted peanuts (or sliced almonds)
- 2 cups coconut milk
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp smooth peanut butter
Place ingredients for sauce in a pan over medium heat. Stir and heat until smooth. Turn heat very low and let stand, stirring periodically.
Cook noodles per directions. When al dente, drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
Spray olive oil in large skillet and place over medium heat. Add broccoli and carrots and cook and stir until beginning to soften. Add a tbsp of water as needed to steam them.
Add bok choy, green onions, zucchini, and bean sprouts. Stir and cook until almost soft.
Pour veggies into sauce. Stir gently. Add tofu. Heat almost to boiling point and then remove from heat.
Divide noodles among four plates.
Ladle sauce over noodles.
Sprinkle roasted nuts over the top. Enjoy.