Taylor's Hobo Casserole
Recently, while I was visiting friends in Atlanta, Pat made a noodle casserole that was relatively quick to prepare and yet so delicious. When I’m in a hurry, this works well! Even if I’m not in a hurry, it’s a great one-dish meal.
My mother used to make a similar casserole whenever unexpected guests arrived. She called it Hobo Casserole, so I’m using her name for it.
- 1 large white or red onion, minced
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 cups cubed firm Silken Tofu or mock-chicken pieces
- 16 ounces egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp Himalayan salt
- ½ cup cashews coarsely chopped
- 1 cup non-dairy cheese, if desired
Heat skillet over medium heat, spray with olive oil, cook minced onion until soft and clear.
Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and blend together gently.
Place in a large greased casserole.
Place in oven preheated to 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until hot.
Serve with a green salad or something chewy like carrot or celery or jicima sticks.
Freezes well, if there are any leftovers.