Taylor's Green-Chili Casserole
My digestive system doesn't seem to like most of the "night-shade" foods (e.g., green/red/yellow peppers, eggplant, white potatoes). However, once in awhile, Ortega green chilies just hit the spot.
Cook ¾ cup Basmati brown rice in 3 cups of water and ½ tsp Himalayan salt until soft.
- 1 4-oz can diced Ortega green chilies (I use mild)
- ½ cup diced mushrooms
- 1 4-oz can ripe olives, sliced
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 1 cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 1 white onion, chopped finely
- Egg whites or substitute to equal 4 eggs
Place all ingredients in a bowl. Mix well.
Add remahing ingredients. Pour into greased casserole dish.
Bake covered at 350 F. for approximately 45-60 minutes.
Remove and serve with salad.