Taylor's Ranch Dressing
Ranch dressing was always my favorite—until I began to look for healthier substitutions. My friend Flo served me some of hers not long ago and I am back to enjoying ranch dressing, albeit not by the cupful. Here’s my version. Experiment. Enjoy. If you use this recipe frequently, see below for a time-saving suggestion.*
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise (Just Mayo or Vegenaise®)
- ½ cup unsweetened almond or almond-coconut milk
- 1½ tsp chopped dried chives
- 1 tsp chopped dried parsley
- 1 tsp chicken-like seasoning
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ -½ tsp dried dill weed (to desired taste)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp lemon juice, if desired (I often leave this out)
Place all ingredients in deep mixing bowl and whisk until smooth. Add more almond milk, a tablespoon at a time, if thinner consistency is desired.
Pour into a bowl and serve.
Keeps for up to seven days in the refrigerator.
Can be placed in an air-tight container and frozen. Allow to thaw in the refrigerator and then whisk before serving. The consistency is slightly different but the taste is the same.
- Dribble it over sliced avocado or sliced veggies
- Use it as a dip
- Dribble it over baked spaghetti squash
- Use it as a salad dressing
- Use it with Taylor's Virtual Pizza
* If you use this recipe frequently, you may want to mix dried seasonings for ten recipes and place them in a tightly covered container. Amounts for the dried seasonings:
- 15 tsp chives
- 10 tsp parsley
- 10 tsp chicken-like seasoning
- 5 tsp garlic powder
- 5 tsp onion powder
- 3-5 tsp dill weed (to taste)
- 2½ tsp unprocessed sea salt
- 2½ tsp ground black pepper
To make one recipe, add 5½ tsp mixed seasonings to 1 cup of Just Mayo and 1/2 cup or more of almond or almond-coconut milk and proceed as above.